Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Somebody Tried to Steal My Pizza

What in the sam hill is going on around here? Last night, after my little motorcycle mishap, my leg was hurting, and I was feeling a little self-piteous, so I thought I'd order pizza for dinner. First let me just say that when you put in your order with Extreme Pizza and then they say "that'll be an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, thanks bye," it's a bit of a shock. You're right up the street, dudes -- are you curing the sausage or something?! But at least they were honest, and in fact, exactly one hour and 16 minutes later, my phone rang and it was the delivery guy downstairs. When I got there and opened the door, I see him coming across the street, and some guy has just run up to him and is about to grab my pizza. The delivery guy is pretty old and is more surprised than anything, and when the would-be thief sees me, he seems to reconsider and runs off. This all took about 1 second, too fast for me to react, I'm standing there a bit dumbfounded. Mr. Almost Pizza Robber has run down and jumped in a car at the corner, and we make a half-hearted effort to run and see if we can get his license number, but don't make it in time and the guy takes off. The delivery guy says "Jeez, I've been doing this six years, and that's never happened." I was like, wow, do you think this is another sign of an impending recession?

Anyway the pizza (sausage and mushroom) was fine, and the side spinach salad was excellent, it was like $22 and I gave the guy an $8 tip, since it was all a little freaky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this story is stupid

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Julia Swenson

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the blog. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

Anete Swenson

Anonymous said...

Interesting story you got here. It would be great to read a bit more concerning this topic. The only thing it would also be great to see here is some pics of any gizmos.

Jeff Karver
telephone zappers